The term 'operating authority' refers to the legal right of a motor carrier to operate a commercial motor vehicle across the U.S. for the following purposes:
- Transportation of goods and/or passengers in exchange for a fee or other compensation.
- Transportation of goods across intra-state borders, inter-state lines, or national boundaries.
- Arrangement of goods or passengers.
- Storage of goods moved in inter-state commerce.
Types Of Operating Authorities
- Interstate Carrier Operating Authority (MC Number
- Common Contract Or Broker Authority - MC
- Freight Forwarder Authority - FF
This service is ionly for USDOT & MC numbers without any additional services.
Average time: Authorities take 30 days to become active.
Please remember, you will be required to have BOC-3 and insurance to activate authority